University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is recruiting for an Extension Program Manager. Please see the below job announcement for more information. Anyone interested should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of references to Amy Meier, email@example.com by 5 pm on Thursday, May 10th to be considered for an interview on Thursday May 17th in Pahrump.
- Extension Program Manager
- Part-time continuing position with benefits
- Hours variable depending on job responsibilities in the community, although some set office hours at Extension office in Pahrump are expected
- Reports directly to the Nye and Esmeralda County Extension Educator
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge related to strengthening communities acquired through formal or informal education such as college classes, workshops, seminars, conferences or internships
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, teaching, strategic planning, communication, networking and liaising with local government
- Experience managing a budget and supervision of staff
- Pass a background check
- Valid Nevada drivers license
- Ability to work fairly and respectfully with diverse cultural groups and uphold the University’s EEO/AA policies
- Deliver leadership skills development program, facilitate strategic planning processes and provide other community development programming. Formal education in community development, economics, rural sociology, family development, human sciences or other related field will be utilized.
- Manage the Southern Nye County Extension office and related resources.
- Supervise 4-H staff and Master Gardener staff and assist with volunteer management as needed
- Serve as local university liaison with county government
- Grant writing and grant management as needed
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint will be used to complete the duties of this job