Save the Dates!
In 2013, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (UNCE) will again offer its Green Industry Training program, a series of cost- and time-effective, entry-level classes in topics important to Nevada’s plant industry.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 5-28, 2013 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Where: UNCE, 4955 Energy Way in Reno.
- How much? Select individual classes at a cost of $15 per class, or enroll in the entire course at a discounted price of $80. Corporate rates are available to organizations seeking to send multiple employees to the training program. Contact Heidi Kratsch, email@example.com for information.
- What will be taught? Class subjects may include:
- Water Efficient Landscape Maintenance
- Integrated Pest Management and Pesticide Use
- Weed Law, ID and Management
- Soils and Potting Mixes
- Plant Nutrition and Fertilizers
- Basic Irrigation
- Turfgrass Management
- Plant Insects and Diseases
All Green Industry Training students will receive class certificates of attendance, refreshments, International Society of Arboriculture Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Pesticide Applicator CEUs, and access to free continuing education classes year-round through the Green Industry Continuing Education Series program. Full-course participants will also receive a copy of the book Water-Efficient Landscaping in the Intermountain West.