The Greenhouse Project (TGP), a Nevada 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation
Job Announcement: Greenhouse Manager, full-time position, hours may include weekends and evenings.
An experienced and effective manager will be a self-starter, able to supervise people and resources to ensure the production of healthy and marketable flowers, plants and trees.
Description of Duties:
- Managing the care of herbs, vegetables, flowers and fruit trees at all stages of growth, including propagation and transplanting.
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the activities and performance of staff and volunteers.
- Observing environmental standards for agricultural and horticultural production, pest management and sanitation in a greenhouse.
- Monitoring climate conditions within the greenhouse (ground source heat pump/solar panels).
- Performing a variety of administrative duties that may include maintaining all records electronically, staffing, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant administration and accountability, Federal Grant reports such as HUD reports and monthly/yearly budgets.
- Attending required training courses as directed.
- Being responsible for following safety procedures
- An Associate’s degree or higher in horticulture or a related field.
- Experience with greenhouse operations.
- Knowledge of integrated pest management in greenhouse operations.
- Natural target pruning knowledge.
- Familiarity with pesticides, fertilizers, irrigation and planting procedures.
- Ability to obtain a pesticide applicator’s license.
- Ability to implement conflict resolution practices in the workplace
- Ability to work with students, including those with disabilities.
- Ability to complete the following physical work both in- and outdoors:
- tilling soil, applying fertilizers; weeding, thinning and pruning crops
- applying pesticides
- cleaning, grading, sorting, packing and loading harvested products
- constructing trellises, garden beds and boxes
- designing and installing irrigation systems.
- Ability to use basic tools, wheelbarrow, shovel, rake, hoe, ladder, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, to twist and bend at the waste and to perform other strenuous physical duties.
- Computer skills; WORD, EXCEL, and other computer processing programs
Pay: $35,000 annual
Special Conditions of Employment:
- This job is available to low or moderate-income applicants. (Applicant and family will have earned 80% or less of Carson City median income for entire family in previous year and at time of hire. Documentation will be required. Based on HUD.gov).
- Applicant must pass a State of Nevada/FBI background/fingerprint check.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Applicant must have a valid NV driver’s license and personal vehicle.
Please send resume, letter of interest and three references to:
The Greenhouse Projectc/o University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Attention: JoAnne Skelly 2621 Northgate Suite 15 Carson City NV 89706
Or email them to: JoAnne Skelly – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 31
The Greenhouse Project is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified persons are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, political affiliation or disability, as outlined in TGP Affirmative Action Plan.