Who are Master Gardeners?
Master Gardeners are volunteers who have been trained in the finer points of gardening to improve their own knowledge and to share it with others. Master Gardeners provide free, research-based horticulture information to Nevadans. As volunteers, Master Gardeners contribute volunteer hours every year through a variety of projects, including but not limited to: answering telephone and email inquiries, staffing booths at fairs and home shows, conducting educational presentations in the community and consulting at school and community gardens.
What Master Gardeners can do for you:
- Plant Diagnostic Services
- Plant and Insect Identification
- Other gardening and landscaping information
Contact a Master Gardener:
- Office visits are currently by appointment only
- Email them at email@example.com
- Ask an Expert: http://ask2.extension.org
- Call the office at 775-784-4848
- Text them at 775-399-8522. The Master Gardener cell phone can receive pictures via text Monday – Friday
Interested in becoming a Master Gardener volunteer?
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Rachel McClure at 775-336-0274 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days prior to the scheduled class.