Learn the secrets of high desert gardening
April 7-30, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-8 p.m.
University of Nevada, Reno Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring and four classes in fall statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
Please call you county offices to attend at the site nearest you.
Class Topics: TBD
Classes are held live in Reno and via interactive video to Extension offices statewide.
- Battle Mountain: 815 N. 2nd St., 775-635-5565
- Caliente: 360 Lincoln St., 775-762-3332
- Carson: 2621 Northgate Ln # 12, 775-887-2252
- Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-738-7291
- Fallon (only Sept. 17, 24 & Oct. 1): 111 Sheckler Rd., 775-423-5121
- Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Ln., 775-782-9960
- *Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Rd., 775-623-6304
- Yerington: 504 S. Main Street, 775-463-6541
For Reno participants, individual classes are $15.00 each or $30.00 to take all 4 classes. When you register to take them all, you also get a flash drive with additional information. For all other sites, please contact the office for registration details.
Contact: Heidi Kratsch, 775-784-4848
In Reno, persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Heidi Kratsch at 775-784-4848 at least three days prior to the scheduled class.