Learn the secrets of high desert gardening
Sept. 10 – Oct. 1, Tuesdays from 6-8 p.m.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring and four classes in fall statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
Sales will begin August 1, 2019 for the fall program. Please call our other counties offices to attend at another site.
- Sept. 10: Growing Garlic, Earstin Whitten, Master Gardener volunteer and creator of the non-profit, Soulful Seeds
- Sept. 17: Fruit Tree Selection, Michael Janik, Master Gardener volunteer and Michael’s Apples owner
- Sept. 24: Growing in Greenhouses, Heidi Kratsch, Northern Nevada Horticulture Specialist
- Oct. 1: Garden Cleanup and Pest Prevention, Melody Hefner, Urban IPM and Pesticide Safety Education Coordinator
Classes are held live in Reno and via interactive video to Cooperative Extension offices statewide.
- *Battle Mountain: 815 N. 2nd St., 775-635-5565
- *Carson: 2621 Northgate Ln # 12, 775-887-2252
- *Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-738-7291
- *Fallon (only Sept. 17, 24 & Oct. 1): 111 Sheckler Rd., 775-423-5121
- *Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Ln., 775-782-9960
- *Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- *Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Rd., 775-623-6304
- *Yerington: 504 S. Main Street, 775-463-6541
For Reno participants, individual classes are $15.00 each or $30.00 to take all 4 classes. When you register to take them all, you also get a flash drive with additional information. For all other sites, please contact the office for registration details.
Contact: Jenn Fisher, 775-336-0249 or email@example.com
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days prior to the scheduled class.