Learn the secrets of high desert gardening
The University of Nevada, Reno Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
Spring 2021 Class Topics
Use the links below to register
In light of developments regarding COVID-19, the Grow Your Own, Nevada! spring class series will continue to be offered for free in an online format in lieu of in-person classes.
Quick Zoom Webinar Registration How-to
Signed up on Eventbrite but didn’t see a Zoom link or confirmation email from Eventbrite? Fear not!
First thing, please check your spam folder. Most email providers LOVE to send Eventbrite messages directly to the junk file.
If that falls short you can get the Zoom Webinar links from Eventbrite’s “Online Event” page:
- Open a browser such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer on your device
- Navigate to Eventbrite.com
- Click “sign in” in the upper right hand corner
- Enter the email address that you provided when signing up for the classes
- Click “Get Started”
- Log into your email
- Open the email from Eventbrite (check spam!) and click “Activate”
- Enter a password for use and click the submit button
- You’ll be brought back to the Eventbrite landing page with your email in the upper right hand corner
- Click on your email in the corner
- Click on “Tickets”
- Click “View Links”
- Click on each class available to finalize registration for each session and receive your Zoom link
- You should take the time to install the Zoom client on your device if you have not done so already
If you have any questions or concerns about the program please contact Chad Morris via email at email@example.com or phone at 775-336-0249.
In Reno, persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Chad Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-336-0249 at least three days prior to the scheduled class.