University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
“Anyone can become a better gardener by attending these classes,” Cooperative Extension Horticulture Specialist Heidi Kratsch said. “From the beginner to the advanced gardener, everyone can benefit from a Grow Your Own, Nevada! class.”
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada. Attend one or all eight program classes offered live in Reno and via videoconference to participating Cooperative Extension offices statewide.
- ^Elko: 701 Walnut St., Phone: 775-738-7291 • Fax: 775-753-7843
- ^Fallon: 111 Sheckler Road, Phone: 775-423-5121 • Fax: 775-423-7594
- *Hawthorne: 314 5th St., Phone: 775-945-3444 • Fax: 775-945-2259
- *Lovelock: 810 6th St., Phone: 775-273-2923 • Fax: 775-273-7647
- *Pahrump: 1651 E. Calvada Blvd., Phone: 775-727-5532 • Fax: 775-727-6199
- *Reno: 4955 Energy Way, Phone: 775-784-4848 • Fax: 775-784-4881
- *Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Rd., Phone: 775-623-6304 • Fax: 775-623-6307
- *Yerington: 504 S. Main Street, Phone: 775-463-6541• Fax: 775-463-6545
*Site confirmed. ^Site requested.
Reduced registration is available for Washoe County K-12 teachers and Washoe County Master Gardener Volunteers attending in Reno. Teachers: email a copy of your school ID to Ashley Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your promotional code. Master Gardeners: see the home page news section of the volunteer management system to receive your promotional code.