“The more you know, the more you grow!”
Green Industry Continuing Education Series (GICES) is an offering of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension. Its goal is to provide current, accurate and useful information to Nevada’s green industry in a way that respects green industry members’ fast-paced schedules.
Informational sessions are one-hour, provide valuable information, and Continuing Education Units and are offered only on topics relevant to YOU.
To suggest a topic, email Jenn Fisher, commercial horticulture program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed Program Information:
- April: *Tree ID Walk with Rod Haulenbeek, certified Arborist
- May: ^Balancing native pollinator protection and pest management with Dr. Kevin Burls, Cooperative Extension Integrated Pest Management Educator
- June: ^Nuisance Weed Identification and Control with Wendy Hanson Mazet, Cooperative Extension’s consumer horticulture program coordinator
- August: ^Noxious Weed Identification with Andrea Moe, Agricultural Inspector with Nevada Department of Agriculture
- September: ^*Insects with Jeff Knight, State Entomologist with Nevada Department of Agriculture
- October: *Fall Tree ID Walk with Rod Haulenbeek, certified Arborist
- November: ^Maintaining Native Plant Landscapes with Seth Johnson, Nevada Division of Transportation
- December: *Topic TBA with Gene Phillips, Forest Health Specialist with Nevada Division of Forestry
- August 3: 2018 All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: Bees, Wasps, and Hornets, Oh My!
- August 28: Lunch and Learn: Post-fire conifer regeneration in ponderosa pine forests of the southern Rocky Mountains, USA
- August 30: The latest research on bees in the garden: Results from the Oregon State University Garden Ecology Lab
- September 7: 2018 All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: Winterizing Your Home to Keep Out Pests
- ~September 11: Right Plant, Right Place: Creating and Managing a Large Landscape with Limited Water
- *September 18: Lunch and Learn: Managing Tree and Sidewalk Conflicts: Seattle Pilot Study
- *September 25: Lunch and Learn: Seattle’s Approach to Street Trees and Sidewalks
- November 14: Emerald Ash Borer (Registration not yet open.)
*ISA CEUs have been requested for this class.
^Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.
~QWEL CEUs have been requested for this class.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.