2019 Gardening in Nevada (Topics TBD)
Must-attend classes for Northern Nevada gardeners
Gardening in Nevada: The Bartley Ranch Series are free classes cosponsored by Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space, Washoe County and University of Nevada Cooperative Extension. These classes are held yearly in February and March at Bartley Ranch (600 Bartley Ranch Rd.) in Reno on Tuesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. Taught by Certified Master Gardener volunteers and Cooperative Extension horticulture experts, these classes are a must-attend for Nevada gardeners. Class topics vary by year according to the needs of the local community.
2019 Gardening in Nevada Topics**
- February 5th: Selecting & Caring for Fruit Trees — Michael Janik
- February 12th: Growing Outdoor Succulents – Liz Morrow
- February 19th: Pollinators and Plants – Kevin Burrls
- February 26: Nuisance Weeds – Melody Hefner
- March 5th: Training & Pruning Fruit Trees — Michael Janik
- March 12th: Nevada Soils and Vermicomposting – Billie Shea
- March 19th: Grow anywhere container gardening – Joan Anglin and Sherry Ruth
- March 26th: Successful Vegetable Gardening — Randy Robison
* 2 ISA CEUs available. **Topic titles may change.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Leilani Konyshev at 775-336-0274 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.
To view information on past Gardening in Nevada programs, visit the program pages below.