“The more you know, the more you grow!”
Green Industry Continuing Education Series (GICES) is an offering of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension. Its goal is to provide current, accurate and useful information to Nevada’s green industry in a way that respects green industry members’ fast-paced schedules.
Informational sessions are one-hour, provide valuable information, and Continuing Education Units and are offered only on topics relevant to YOU.
To suggest a topic, email Jenn Fisher, commercial horticulture program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.
2019 GICES Classes:
- *March 13: Winter Tree ID Presentation & Walk with Wendy Hanson Mazet and Rod Haulenbeek, certified Arborists
- *May 2: Pruning Basics, Wendy Hanson Mazet, Cooperative Extension
- *May 9: Spring Tree ID Walk with Rod Haulenbeek, certified Arborist
- ~June 11: Incorporating Native Plants into the Landscape with Heidi Kratsch, State Horticulture Specialist
- ^*July 10: Abiotic & Biotic Disorders with Leslie Lyles, Stewardship Horticultural
- *~August 13: Trees and Irrigation with Heidi Kratsch, State Horticulture Specialist
- ^September 11: Turfgrass Disease with Brian Dean, Gail Willey
- *October 9: Fall Tree ID Walk with Rod Haulenbeek, certified Arborist
- *^November 13: Insect Pests with Jeff Knight, State Entomologist with NDA (only 20 slots available)
- *~December 11: Soil Health: Effects of Conversion Practices on Soil Properties with Chris Savastio, NRCS
*ISA CEUs have been requested for this class.
^Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.
~QWEL CEUs for this class.