16th Annual Best Management Practices (BMP) Workshops for Contractors, BMP Installers and Do-it-Yourselfers
How to Design and Install BMPs for Residences and Small Businesses
Choose from two workshops:
- Half-Day Refresher Workshop on April 29 at the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, 128 Market Street, Stateline, Nevada for those who have completed the Basic or Refresher Workshop within the past two years. Registration fee includes the 2012 NRCS Standard Drawings Booklet, workshop materials and refreshments.
- Full-day Basic Best Management Practices (BMP) Workshop on April 24 at the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences on the campus of Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada. Registration fee includes the 2012 NRCS Standard Drawings Booklet, workshop materials and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
Whether you attend on April 24 or April 29, you will:
- Find out how construction and landscaping activities can contribute to water pollution in Lake Tahoe and how to interpret a BMP Site Evaluation to install BMPs as required by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.
- Become familiar with new developments in the BMP Retrofit Program at Lake Tahoe.
BMP Workshop Topics for 2015:
- How to use TRPA’s online resources.
- New electronic approval for small BMP retrofit design.
- Commercial and multi-family residential BMP permits and maintenance.
- How to qualify your business for the 2015 BMP Installation Service Providers List. Attendance by at least one supervisor per business is required.
Space is limited, so register early. For specific workshop questions, contact University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 775-336-0244.
After you register, please visit Pre-class reading. Much of the content of the BMP workshops involves interpretation of a BMP Site Evaluation given to homeowners. Please familiarize yourself with the general content of all four components of this site evaluation: Recommended treatments, Site plan, Attachment 1 and BMP Treatment Descriptions. See also the new forms for electronic approval of your design.
If You Prefer to Register by Mail:
Send registration form and check payable to “Board of Regents” to University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 4955 Energy Way, Reno, NV 89502. Call 775-336-0244 if you have questions.
To ensure adequate seating, class materials and refreshments, please register in advance online or by mail. Walk-in registrants will be assessed a higher class fee of $55 for the Basic Workshop and $45 for the Refresher Workshop.
Cancellations after April 13, 2015, may receive a partial refund (minus the cost of refreshments). Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend will not be eligible for a refund. Persons in need of special accomodations or assistance must contact Ashley Andrews, email@example.com, at least three days prior to the scheduled workshop. Cooperative Extension is an EEO/AA institution.
BMP Workshop Quick Links:
Additional BMP Information: