Class Date and Time: August 20, 2012, 2-4 p.m.
Class Locations: Carson City, Elko, Gardnerville, Hawthorne, Logandale, Owyhee, Reno, Tonopah, Winnemucca, Yerington
Class Description: “Aquaponics” is the seventh class in the Summer 2012 Grow Your Own, Nevada! series. The class instructor is UNCE Western Area Horticulture Specialist Heidi Kratsch. Heidi will discuss gardening with fish and plants together.
Related UNCE Publications:
- Marketing Farmers’ Markets: Ideas for Market Vendors & Managers in Nevada
- Starting a Horticultural Business: Primary Considerations
- Aquaponics– Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture, ATTRA
- Recirculating Aquaculture Tank Production Systems: Aquaponics– Integrating Fish and Plant Culture, SRAC
- Aquaponics and Food Safety
- Please visit the Nevada Department of Wildlife‘s forms page to download and complete any necessary forms related to growing aquaponically. Necessary forms may include, but may not be limited to:
- Application License– Commercial Possession of Life Wildlife
- Application Wildlife Importation Permit
Copy of Class Presentation: