The City of Fernley Business & Entrepreneur Technology (BET) Center is pleased to present the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension’s “Grow Your Own Series,” FREE to Fernley and neighboring residents.
This workshop series will feature ’back-to-basics’ information for growing your own food in your backyard or small acreage. “Many Nevadans are interested in getting back to their roots,” said UNCE Horticulture Specialist Heidi Kratsch. “We’re offering these courses to help Nevada growers turn their backyards into sustainable, edible gardens.”
This series of workshops are available via interactive video in the City of Fernley BET Center (City Hall 5959 Silver Lace Blvd., Fernley) every Monday from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. The fees for classes usually run $15.00 per class per participant.
UNCE new Grow Your Own Series
Upcoming Classes include:
- Insect and critter control, July 30
- Composting in small places, Aug. 6
- Walipini Greenhouses, Aug. 13
- Aquaponics, Aug. 20
- GMO seeds and crops, Aug. 27
Fernley Classes at the BET Center (595 Silver Lace Blvd., Fernley) are via interactive video and also available in the following locations throughout the state:
- Carson City — 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15
- Elko — 701 Walnut Street
- Gardnerville — 1329 Waterloo Lane
- Hawthorne — 314 5th Street
- Logandale — 1897 North Moapa Valley Boulevard
- Owyhee — Location TBD
- Reno — 4955 Energy Way
- Tonopah — #1 Frankie Street Old Courthouse
- Winnemucca — 1085 Fairgrounds Road
- Yerington — 504 South Main Street
For more information about this program, visit the GYO website at www.growyourownnevada.com . No need to register for the Fernley site, just RSVP by calling 775.784-9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brought to you by the Business & Entrepreneur Technology (BET) Center: Growing Careers & Futures in Fernley and Lyon County School District BTOP Grant program.