Cost- and Time-Efficient Education
Green Industry Training is a series of entry-level classes in topics important to the green industry. Participants can enroll in individual classes at a cost of $15 per class, or they can enroll in the entire course for a discounted cost of $80.
Companies enrolling 2-5 employees for the full course receive $10 off per student. The discount increases to $15 off per student when 6+ employees from the company are registered.
Fees include course materials, certificates of attendance, refreshments and International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and Pesticide Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Course fees also support Green Industry Continuing Education Series classes, which are held year-round as needed.
Classes are taught by Cooperative Extension and Nevada Department of Agriculture staff and local industry professionals, and are held at the Cooperative Extension office in Reno, 4955 Energy Way, just off Rock Boulevard.
- 2/1: Plant Disease Basics*^ Shouhua Wang, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- 2/6: Pruning Landscape Plants* with Leslie Lyles, Stewardship Horticultural
- 2/8: IPM & Pesticide Safety*^ with Melody Hefner, Cooperative Extension
- 2/13: Soils, Potting Mixes & Fertilizers* with Heidi Kratsch, Cooperative Extension
- 2/15: Sustainable Turfgrass Management*^ with Wendy Hanson Mazet, Cooperative Extension
- 2/20: Landscape Water Management* with Heidi Kratsch, Cooperative Extension
- 2/22: Insect Identification*^ Jeff Knight, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- 2/27: Noxious Weeds & Weed Law^ with Sean Gephart, NDA
- 3/1: Green Industry Training Exam (optional)
* ISA CEUs have been requested for this class.
^ Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Melody Hefner at 775-336-0247 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.