Enter photos of an area of your landscape for one or more of the landscape areas:
- Desert garden area – Obsessed with native plants or have a cacti rock garden? This area includes succulents, cacti, native plants and other low water use plants.
- Shrubs and Perennial garden area – Got color and interest in your landscape in all four seasons? An area with shrubs and perennials of different colors, shapes and flower types.
- Island of Trees area – Have a mini forest or grove planted on your property? This is an area of your landscape planted with mostly trees.
- Sustainable Turfgrass area – Reduced the size of your lawn to meet a function in your landscape? A functional lawn area of your yard with plants and permeable surfaces around it.
One winner will be chosen for each landscape area. Prizes for each winner include:
- Free Water-Efficient Landscaping in the Intermountain West book,
- Free admission for one voucher to Cooperative Extension’s Grow Your Own, Nevada! Program in April 2020, and
- His/her photos will be used in the Landscaping in the Truckee Meadows landscaping guide, a free book by Truckee Meadows Water Authority and Cooperative Extension.
- Photos must be digital images submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .tif format.
- Photos must be at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB.
- If submitting multiple areas of a single landscape, you must submit multiple applications with photos attached.
- We do not accept photographs submitted through the mail. High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable. Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible.
Photo Contest Official Rules
- Eligibility: Entrants must live in Washoe County, Nevada and only use photos of their own landscape or another landscape with approval from homeowner. Homeowner contact information must be provided on application for entrance into contest.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and University of Nevada Cooperative Extension’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest.
- Timing: Applications will be accepted Aug. 1, 2019 at 8 a.m. to Sept. 30, 2019 at 5 p.m. PST.
- How to Enter: Click the link above or visit http://www.growyourownnevada.com/landscapecontest/ to fill out the contest application. Once submitted, email your photo files to Jenn Fisher at email@example.com.
- Winner Selection: The winners will be selected via a panel of judges made up of representatives from Cooperative Extension within one (1) week after Contest Period. The winner will be notified via email or phone call. The winner will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to a prize notification message from Cooperative Extension or an alternate winner may be selected. Except as specifically provided herein, the Grand Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Cooperative Extension and its partners will not share personal information of any contestants, except for the name designated by the contestant on the application.
- Winner Requirements: By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees and consents that Cooperative Extension may use the entrant’s contest entry photo(s) and identity by the terms entrants list on the application form.
- Prize: One winner will be chosen for each landscape criteria. Each winner will receive a free Water-Efficient Landscaping in the Intermountain West book, a free admission voucher to Cooperative Extension’s Grow Your Own, Nevada! Program in April 2020 and his/her photos will be used in the Landscaping in the Truckee Meadows landscaping guide, a free book by Truckee Meadows Water Authority and Cooperative Extension.