Quick Check List on Outdoor Water Use
- I have water-efficient landscaping.
- I use a broom or blower to clean driveways, sidewalks and steps.
- I don’t let water flow down the driveway while washing my car.
- I let my children play in the sprinklers only on my assigned days.
- I water my lawn according to the recommendations in TMWA’s Lawn Care Guide.
- I water during the cool parts of the day, never between noon and 6:00 p.m.
- I don’t water when it’s windy or raining.
- I don’t allow water to fill the gutter.
- I check monthly for leaks in outside pipes, hoses, faucets and couplings.
- I use a spray nozzle with a shut-off handle on my hose.
- I check or readjust my automatic sprinkler timer at least once a month during the watering season.
–For more information about each item on this checklist, visit the TMWA website.